Monday, 19 March 2012

I HATE Mondays


I’ve had the most hideous Monday for a very very long time. So firstly it starts off there’s no internet connection (AGAIN) so I can’t check my bank or urgently transfer the money I need to. Then the Wife takes out her toe on the stone fireplace and I have to say it was pretty gruesome she’d somehow managed to wrench the nail of her second toe all the way back to where it joins on to her foot and smash in the one next to that and then I go to get in the car to go to work only to discover some inconsiderate, disgustingly destructive excuse for a human being has completely taken out my passenger side wing mirror, it’s not even like it was forceively bashed so it was bent back, I mean completely taken out, it doesn’t even exist anymore, it’s like someone apparated it away (OK so I know the act of apparating only exists in Harry Potter but still if it was real that’s what it was like), the only sign I ever had a wing mirror on that side of my car was the lone blue piece of plastic laying on the road, fifty feet away (How’d it get over there?). So I have to put in a crazy panicky call to my Boss explaining I’m going to be late as I need to take Fred (That’s my car!) to a Garage to hope and pray it can get repaired pretty sharpish as it’s MOT is in a week and a half and I can’t afford it to fail let alone randomly payout for parts I didn’t know I was going to need because some idiot is BLIND or either can’t see a huge car sat there or alternatively he/she saw perfectly well and it was intentional. Anyway I think my poor manager now thinks I’m mental (if she doesn’t already!), good job she didn’t witness the reaction that occurred when I discovered this little incident, I think there would’ve been Police and men in white coats involved But she’s pretty awesome and has let me take the day as holiday. Which I think in my ranting I foolishly said I shouldn’t need the whole day!! Ha ha ha ha, how wrong I was. Why is it when you need something specific nobody has what you’re looking for yet someone you spoke to three weeks ago got the same thing sorted in a matter of hours?? Call it Sods Law, call it fate, call it what the hell you like because whatever it is, it doesn’t like me much, I drove to six different garages that I knew of, they all said they couldn’t help out, they either don’t do wing mirrors, they don’t stock the part, they don’t do my make, they only do exhausts you name it there was an excuse. So having become paranoid I was about to be stopped by Police and fined for driving around in a maimed car I head home to try my good old friend Google completely forgetting THERE’S NO INTERNET, so I have to surf on my phone. Now my phone is four years old now and its internet capabilities are limited at best so naturally I see no sense in having an internet bolt on with my package. Twenty One garages Googled later, I never want to see my phone bill next month, I’m going to get the other half to check my E-mails when I know it’s due so I don’t have to look. Anyway finally the best I could do was eventually find somewhere that can supply me with the part but not until tomorrow, I’m so desperate right now I’m taking that option (Watch this space for the adventures of me trying to fit it tomorrow!!) and that’s only because my neighbour gave me the card of the dude he uses to get parts. Which was a very nice random act of kindness as I’m pretty sure he hates us!! But then, his wife is stood the other side of the fence “That’s what you get for parking on the road” She screeches, DO YOU THINK! Obviously didn’t say this but the degree of self control that went in to not throwing the lonely left over piece of blue plastic at her head was so exhausting all I want to do now is curl up and go to sleep. Also, probably would’ve been highly inappropriate as her husband was incredibly helpful, Maybe it’s just her that doesn’t like us, She does remind me a little of Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter, only a bit more toad like. So It’s now three O’clock, the next bus that would get me in to town is in ten minutes and the bus stop is just over a mile away so I would never make that one, the next one now isn’t until ten to four which will get me to town about quarter past four and I’d get to work for twenty five past four only to finish at five which clearly is a waste of time so I’ve had to waste a whole days worth of Annual Leave because of some thoughtless, selfish, inconsiderate IDIOT. So to calm myself I will be indulging in Beer and Takeaway this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment